- This event has passed.
ISR 2019 Volunteer Day 2
June 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Read everything below and then click the Registration box above
- Volunteers will work at either Base A or Base B validating that the planes pass the base.
- We suggest that you bring warm clothing and eye-protection like ski goggles.
- All pilots, workers and guests must sign the liability waiver to be on site during any phase of the contest. The release will make it clear to everyone the potential dangers involved in slope racing. And the release will provide some protection for the race organizers and property owners in the event there is ever an accident in the future.
- Volunteers who participate in running the contest are eligible to participate in the worker’s raffle.
- Please check the sponsors page to see the great companies providing prizes!
- Lunch will be provided (make it yourself sandwiches, chips, cookies, water, drinks). If you have special dietary needs, please bring your own lunch.
How to Volunteer
To volunteer as a worker for the race, click the Register box above. When you click Submit, your name will be added in the order received and all your information will be forwarded to this year’s race coordinator (TBD). Be sure to monitor the ISR discussion in the forum section. Volunteering entitles you to participate in the worker’s raffle. Good luck!
Piloting and Volunteering?
It is NOT possible to be a pilot in the Davenport ISR and simultaneously volunteer. Volunteers are assigned to work particular locations for hours at a time. Pilots must be ready to fly when their round is called whenever that may be during the course of the race. So please make a choice and signup as a pilot OR a volunteer, but not both.
NCSS Club Member Volunteers
If you are an NCSS Club member, you will receive two workday credit for each day you work as a volunteer, up to a total of two workdays credit. You may choose to work Day 1 and Day 2, but will still only receive two NCSS workdays credit. Of course your odds of winning a nice raffle prize still go up if you work both days!! So come on out and show your club spirit, have some fun at the races, and meet your club workday requirements for the year, all at the same time!