- This event has passed.
ISR 2020 Open Class
May 16, 2020 - May 17, 2020$75
Canceled due to Covid-19
Read everything below and then click the register button above
General Information (Open Class)
- Pilot Early Entry Fee will be $75
- AMA membership will be required for all pilots and is NOT included with your entry fee. If you don’t have AMA membership, you can sign up online by clicking (https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx).
- All pilots, workers and guests must sign the liability waiver to be on site during any phase of the contest.
- Registration is limited to 33 pilots. Last year’s pilots are pre-qualified.
- Prizes will be awarded for First, Second and Third place as well as the Baskin perpetual trophy for the best crash.
- Lunch will be provided (make it yourself sandwiches, chips, cookies, water, drinks). If you have special dietary needs, please bring your own lunch.
Race Rules (Open Class)
The following rules will be adhered to:
- The race will be conducted using FAI rules (http://www.fai.org) except there will only be open class racing.
- Maximum weight of the plane will be 5 kg (11 lbs or 176 oz) or 7.5 kg/dm^2 (24.53 oz/ft^2) of projected area whichever is least. These values are based on FAI sports aeromodeling rules for fixed wing remote controlled aircraft 7.2.1 and 7.2.4, respectively.
- Each pilot may use an unlimited number of planes during the competition.
- The Contest Director reserves the right to declare any plane unfit for competition.
- The use of throw outs will be at the discretion of the Contest Director.
How to Enter (Open Class)
To enter the race, click the Register link above and provide all requested information. Your name will be added in the order received and all your information will be forwarded to this year’s race coordinator. To complete your early entry, you must donate the entry fee by May 1, 2019! Mail your registration fee to: Mart Falarski, 22 Arbor Dr, Piedmont CA 94610
Follow the event news in the forum section.
- All pilots will go onto the signup list with no particular preference.
- Last year’s pilots are pre-qualified. On May 1, 2018, up to a total of 33 pilots will be chosen by lottery from the list of the pilots on the signup list.
- Any openings due to drop outs or failure to provide entry fees by the early due date of May 1, 2019, will be filled using a lottery from the remaining pilots on the waiting list.
- It is recommended that pilots on the waiting list send in the entry fee in advance. This way spots can be filled immediately when they become available.
- Pilots on the waiting list who are not granted a spot at the race, will be returned any submitted race fees.
- Confirmed pilots who cancel before May 14, 2019 will be returned any submitted race fees.
- If the competition is cancelled or rescheduled (and you cannot make it), any submitted race fees will be returned.
- YOU MAY REGISTER LATE (AFTER May 1, 2018), EVEN ON THE DAY OF RACING FOR AN EXTRA $25!