- This event has passed.
ISR 2020 Sportsman Class
May 16, 2020 - May 17, 2020$50
Canceled due to Covid-19
Read everything below and then click the Register button above
- Sportsmen Class Pilot Early Entry Fee will be $50
- AMA membership will be required for all pilots and is NOT included with your entry fee. If you don’t have AMA membership, you can sign up online by clicking (https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx).
- All pilots, workers and guests must sign the liability waiver to be on site during any phase of the contest.
- Bring and fly any pure glider but due to the length of the course we highly recommend larger planes (3 meter class)
- Planes will be checked and inspected by one of the members – safety is a top priority.
- The Contest Director reserves the right to declare any plane unfit for competition.
- Sportsmen Class contestants will have an experienced pilot calling and helping them throughout the event.
- Sportsmen Class contestants will race against each other – two man heats only.
- The “Top Sportsman” will be awarded a very nice prize.
- Top Sportsman will be selected by the Contest Directors based on:
- Commitment to slope racing
- The main objective is to have fun and provide a comfortable introduction to Davenport with the hopes that Sportsmen Class pilots would want to do it again!
- Lunch will be provided (make it yourself sandwiches, chips, cookies, water, drinks). If you have special dietary needs, please bring your own lunch.
How to enter
To enter the race, click the Register link above and provide all requested information. When you click Submit, your name will be added in the order received and all your information will be forwarded to this year’s race coordinator. To complete your early entry, you must donate the entry fee by May 1, 2018! Mail your registration fee to: Mart Falarski, 22 Arbor Dr, Piedmont CA 94610.
Monitor the ISR discussion in the Forum section for the latest news and event updates.
- All sportsmen pilots will go onto the signup list with no particular preference.
- On May 1, 2019, if a minimum of 4 sportsmen have signed up, the class will be on. If not, entry fees will be returned.
- Confirmed sportsmen who cancel before May 14, 2019 will be returned any submitted race fees.
- If the competition is cancelled or rescheduled (and you cannot make it), any submitted race fees will be returned.
- YOU MAY REGISTER LATE (AFTER May 1, 2019), OR EVEN ON THE DAY OF RACING FOR AN EXTRA $25!